Welcome to the Royal Tunbridge Wells Dance Festival - we are looking forward to February 2017 where our competitors can, yet again, showcase their talent and compete against each other in a friendly and supportive environment.
We are delighted to welcome Jacqui Ison as our adjudicator for our next Festival which takes place from 11th - 19th February 2017 (increasing the length of our Festival to nine days).
The Festival will take place at the Assembly Hall in Tunbridge Wells.
As always we rely upon a willing army of volunteers to help with the smooth running of the week (front of house and backstage)
so if you would like to offer your help, do please contact us by calling Jane on 07803 001067.
We have an online registration system whereby teachers and private entrants are able to register and check entries via this website.
The registration site will be made available on 5th September 2016 and the closing dates for entries will be midnight 31st October 2016.
Please note the following:
- the 2017 Syllabus is now available;
- this is an All England Qualifying Festival;
- a reminder that our duet/trio/quartet and group class age definitions now match the All England rules and the age of competitors for our Festival 2017 will be determined by their age as at 1st September 2016;
- a new contemporary class has been added.
Entrants aged 13 years or over may enter EITHER the lyrical modern section OR the contemporary section;
- the contemporary discipline can be selected for duets/trios/quartets;
- there are specific requirements about child performance licencing which apply to festival entrants –
click here for guidance document.
Please ensure that you are aware of your responsibilities;
- RTWDF will be registered for a Body of Person Approval (BOPA) and Kent County Council will be
checking to ensure that all children are appropriately licenced for performances;
- we always try to take all entries but, in the event of oversubscription,
priority will be given to schools within a twenty mile radius of Tunbridge Wells and then to entries by their registration date.
We are very much looking forward to another exciting Festival and wish our competitors the very best of luck.